About Power Steering System
Here are a few things about your power steering system.
What is the job of my power steering?
The power steering system allows you to easily turn your steering wheel which enable you to turn and maneuver. Without it driving would be rather difficult.
Your power steering system includes:
- Power Steering Pump
- Hoses & Belt
- Rack & Pinion unit (Which connects the steering wheel to the drive wheels
What happens when your vehicle’s power steering starts to go out?
Is it becoming increasingly hard to turn your steering wheel? Come and visit our knowledgeable and friendly Fidelity Auto Care technicians! We will look over your vehicle and find out what the issue is, it could be as simple as being low on power steering fluid, fluid contamination, or maybe it’s time for a new power steering pump. Whatever it is we will get you back on the road fast! Taking care of your vehicle and getting its regularly scheduled maintenance is important (for example fluid exchange), if it’s been a long time or you’re noticing small puddles of fluid it might be your power steering is leaking and it’s time to make an appointment and come in.
Signs its time to get your power steering looked at:
- Vehicle squeels when steering
- Steering wheel is stiff or slow to respond
- Whining sound while turning
- If you notice fluid on ground
Power steering flushes are recommended every 2 years or 30,000 miles by replacing the graded power steering fluid:
- Replaces degraded power steering fluid
- Dissolves power steering deposits
- Softens and conditions brittle seals
- Removes accumulated contaminants
- Eliminated steering squeal
- Corrected jerky or hard steering
- Long component life
Watch more info about power steering fluid exchange.
All services come with a 30 point Courtesy check, so don’t forget about your
Check out our 2-year/ 24 Thousand mile nationwide warranty